The IC Testboard has been designed for user, developers and manufacturers of ICs. The confined structure and the continuous GND plane ensure correct measurements up to several GHz.
The design phase is the best time to determine IC characteristics and to identify failure mechanisms within the IC. Based on various parameters of the injected pulses, for example, the designer can determine whether electric or magnetic effects are responsible for disturbances in the chip and can improve the chip's design.
The IC user is able to compare various ICs with each other independent of his current electronic module and thus assess and choose manufacturers as well as technologies. On the other hand, the user can plan a optimal EMC surrounding for the IC during the development of the electronic to protect sensitive pins for example.
The designer can use the Testboard to:
- pulse injection (with high and low resistance) into pins: pulse injection
- pulse field injection (H- and E-field) into IC: pulse field injection
- RF measurements (current and voltage) on IC pins: RF measurement
- RF injection into IC pins: RF injection
- RF near field (H- and E-field) measuring over IC: RF near field measuring
- GND plane GND 25
- Connection board CB 0708
- GNC adapter GNDA
- Oszilloscope adapter OA 4005
- Probe tip holder TH21
- Sloping ground adapter SGA
Overview: "IC Testboard" (pdf, 540 kb)
Massive continuous and gold-plated GND plane as a prerequisite for an RF-compliant connection of the EUT (IC) and probes.
Connection circuit board between the IC adapter and the external connectors.
It controls the LED display.
Small circuit board to connect the EUT. It is inserted in the GND plane and contains the necessary filters. It ensures a solid GND plane and defines the EUT's supply during the measurement.