EMC Measurement on IC
RF current and voltage measurements
RF current measurement (P 600):
- Examination of the IC according to the 1 ohm method (IEC 61967-4)
- Current measurement on any pin (with 1 / 0.1 ohm shunt in the range of 0.2 kHz ... 3 GHz)
RF voltage measurement (P 700):
- Examination of the IC according to the 150 ohm method (IEC 61967-4)
- Voltage measurement on any pin
(with 1.5 kOhm / 150 Ohm / 100 Ohm / 50 Ohm input resistance in the range of 9 kHz ... 3 GHz)
The measuring station can be used with two different types of IC adapters:
- 100x100 standard printed circuit board (TEM cell print). The printed circuit board which was developed for standard measurements is inserted into the GND plane of the measuring system. All IC pins or any special contact points can be contacted with the probes and measurements can be carried out.
- IC adapter with filter. The IC is mounted on an IC adapter circuit board. The signal and/or power supply pins are passed through filters to avoid any interference with the measurement by line loads.
Communication with the test IC is via the connection board (analog/digital ports, SPI, monitored power supply).
The measurements are carried out with the "XQC Chipscan" control software. The measurement results are available in 2D and 3D format.
The 3D format provides you with a quick overview of all IC pins.
Spectra can be compared flexibly and clearly by switching over to the 2D format and selecting the respective pins. The measurements can also be output as image files or Excel lists.